Two centuries ago only rich people could afford to have glass windows most people would use wooden shutters. Today thanks to companies such as TPRS Enterprise glass is a huge part of modern architectural designs.
You can see the evolution of glass as you can notice that older homes tend to have smaller windows, but many modern properties have entire walls made from glass. Also, nowadays glass companies such as TPRS Enterprise offers different types of glass. For instance, insulated glass is used to improve your home heat or laminated glass that it is commonly found in churches, funeral homes, and to reinforce security in your home as it can stop burglars from entering.
But, is glass such a great material or are there significant disadvantages? Keep reading to find out.
1. Heat Retention
Large window walls in your home and office can be a good idea, especially during cold winter months as they let in a lot of light and this means to let in a lot of heat. Using the sun’s energy to help heat your home will help you reduce your energy bills. But it is important to block the solar heat in the summer.
The best way to do this is to look for energy-efficient insulated windows. Energy-efficient insulated windows are the best way to reduce your heating and cooling bills. There are many ways you can add insulation factor to windows to reduce the amount of heat that enters your home in the summer and leaves it in the winter.
We strongly suggest contacting an expert such as TPRS Enterprise. They will be able to offer you different types of insulation for your needs. When you understand how each type of window works it will be easier to choose the right type for your home.
2. Better Sleep
Believe it or not having, a glass wall will help you sleep better. When you use glass walls you are letting light flow into the interior area of your house. Studies have shown that when people have access to more natural light it improves their psychological and physiological well-being.
Our body functions better in natural light instead of fluorescent light environments. Besides using interior glass walls provides open spaces.
But how do glass walls improve sleep?
Much of natural light’s power helps better sleep cycle and deeper sleep. Natural light has regulated their days for generation, as our bodies adapted to relying on natural light.
Remember, the more natural light exposure a person experiences, the better the person’s sleep cycle is.
3. Dustproof and Waterproof
One of the main benefits of glass is that is dustproof and waterproof. It can be cleaned easily and efficiently. Plus, it is easy to maintain.
For instance, integral blinds are commonly used to create private environments especially at secure units, hospitals, care homes, and laboratories because unlike other materials they are easy to clean and maintain.
Using glass in areas often covered with dust and sand in the air is a great idea as it will be easy to clean and maintain these places with less consumption of time and energy. Ask TPRS Enterprise which glass type is best for your needs.
Another benefit of glass is that it can be customized to any building project. TPRS Enterprise offers a wide range of colors and when you combine the glass sheet in laminated or insulated units it changes in color and form.
The glass allows you to create amazing lighting effects. You can use printed glass to easily recreate textures such as marble, wood, tiles, and bricks. It can be sized to fit almost any opening. TPRS Enterprise can customized glass to fit your preference and design goals.
It is important to know that glass has options for customization and performance to choose from. You can choose from thermally broken systems, low-E & high performing glazing, and acoustical properties.
The glass will adapt to your design style as it comes in different finishes.
Finally, using glass is a great way to boost your mood throughout the day. Natural-light has a positive effect on people. Besides, glass makes the structure look more polished, elegant, and beautiful
References & Citations
- TPRS Glass. 2020. Digital Printing For Glass | Laminated Glass | Insulating Glass | Toughened Glass. [online] Available at: <https://tprsenterprises.in/architectural-glass/> [Accessed 17 April 2020].
- TPRS Glass. 2020. Laminated Glass | Insulating Glass | Digital Printing | Tempered Glass |TPRS. [online] Available at: <https://tprsenterprises.in/> [Accessed 17 April 2020].
- Gharpedia.com 2020. Advantages & Disadvantages Of Glass As A Building Material. [online] Available at: <https://gharpedia.com/blog/advantages-disadvantages-glass-building-material/> [Accessed 17 April 2020].
- YR Architecture + Design. 2020. 6 Valuable Benefits Of Window Walls In Your Home. [online] Available at: <http://www.yr-architecture.com/benefits-of-window-walls-in-your-home/> [Accessed 17 April 2020].
- Nanawall.com. 2020. The 5 Unexpected Benefits Of Using Glass Wall Designs For The Home | Nanawall. [online] Available at: <https://www.nanawall.com/blog/the-5-unexpected-benefits-of-using-glass-wall-designs-for-the-home> [Accessed 17 April 2020].